Friday 2 July 2004

Ripping time

*takes a deep breath*

I am revealing my atrocious knitting shame! My first and only jumper, which I made two years ago. Why on earth did I think I'd ever wear a square-necked, short-sleeved jumper?? Especially in that awful shade of pink?!?


It's been sitting at the back of my knitting shelf, hidden away behind other half-finished projects for all that time, testimony to my inadequate knitting skills!

I've made a decision. I'm going to rip up the jumper.

I'm going to come out into the light, no longer ashamed of my failed projects. I'm going to wind the yarn from the jumper and the 5 spare balls that I never needed into hanks and dye them purple. I'm going to wipe the slate clean and start again. I'm going to get over my two-year-long fear of making a garment, once and for all!

And I'm going to have beautiful clothes, just like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment