Thursday 3 February 2011

[ Reverb10 : Day 18 : Try ]

Written on 2nd January 2011.

Day 18. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did/didn't go for it?

Try? I wrote about my dislike of the word 'try' just recently. To me, it smacks of failure. Perhaps it just needs a shift of perspective - to try something new, without the expectation of success or failure. Now it sounds almost exciting.

What did I try in 2010? What was new? The first thing that comes to mind is - I tried writing knitting patterns. Well, I was kind of forced into it really, due to a technical mix-up that I wrote about in this post. I found it fun and refreshing.

I often make up projects on the spot, and always regret not writing down how I made them. Recording them gave me a sense of satisfaction. I felt relieved that I had something I could refer back to easily later on. And I figured - why not clean them up and share them with other people while I'm at it? Ravelry provides a free and easy way of doing it. I just wonder if other people understand them....

I have no idea if I actually wrote them well as I have no feedback. Although a few users said they were looking forward to knitting my dishcloths, which was scarily exciting. (Or excitingly scary?)

The part I liked best was creating the PDF - editing the text, placing the photos, choosing the fonts, etc. I remember this being an enjoyable part of writing essays when I was at Uni, too. Perhaps its something I could look into finding out more about in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment