Tuesday 2 January 2018

Hello 2018

At the start of every year, I decide that I'm NOT going to make any New Year's resolutions, but I can't help feeling a niggling urge to overhaul my entire life. In the last few weeks, I've watched so many YouTube videos on how to set goals and keep them, that my head is swimming!

While I avoid making resolutions, I'm increasingly embracing making goals each year. I decided to go with the same system as last year, that is, structure my goals around my Life Square. It helps me to think about all the areas of my life and how I want to change or improve them:


I chose three goals for each section of the square, which is a lot! For some reason though, I like the numbers 3 and 9, and it just seemed right. I made sure to choose some that were one-offs or relatively small, to try and give myself a better chance of achieving them. Unlike last year, I'm going to show you all of them! in the spirit of my goal last year of sharing more on the blog, which is something I'd like to continue:


A new thing this year was that I used divination to help me decide on the goals for each section. I wrote a post about the rune casting I did for that on my other blog here. The very first thing I did after setting the goals was decide which ones I was going to start on straight away, and which ones were for later. Then I wrote a list of between 1-3 actions that are the first steps towards achieving each goal.


I'm not a very ambitious person and used to shudder whenever I even heard the word 'goals', but I guess I'm more organised than I give myself credit for. There are things I want to do in my life, so why not plan them out? Perhaps I might even add a goals check-in to my monthly update post this year.

Speaking of plans, in the next post I'll be showing you my 2018 planner!

No comments:

Post a Comment