Tuesday 22 June 2004

Bored!

Well, I'm afraid the inevitable has happened - I'm bored with the Dinosaur already! My best friend was right, I do have a short attention span! *sighs* I'm still working on it, just more slowly. I've started a few other things as well:

1) I was at Big-W yesterday and I decided to swing by the wool section. I bought some very beautiful purple variegated wool (my first!) which I thought I'd make into a hat, or sumfink. I also bought a Knitting Nancy (it's actually shaped like a bee, so it's a Knitting Bee, with free PomPom Maker!) and I was so bored with the Brontosaurus last night, that I started alternating working on that with making a cord on the Knitting Bee. It's about 20cm long now. I'm going to have to decide what to do with it before too long, or else it will have been a complete waste of time.

2) After I bought the variegated wool, I was thinking "Hat!", and I decided to leave that wool for now, and rip up an old hat I made last winter and never wore, and re-knit it. I was trying for a hippy-style thing with a hole in the back for a ponytail, but it really just looked like a green-and-beige Devo cone hat. Not terribly attractive! (Plus it was too tight). I'm using the same needles as before: 5mm double pointed needles. I've added 4 stitches to the original circumference, and done about 4 rows so far.

So now I have about 4 projects to work on. My theory is, even though each one will take longer to make, overall I'll have more fun because I can swap from one to the other when the boredom factor sets in, and I'll get them all done quicker.
Hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment