Thursday 4 November 2004

Hello, long-lost friends.

Hello, all.

Last week, I had an urge to do something with my hands, and I did a bit of work on my stitch sampler bedspread:


I really like the 'spiral' pattern in the dark blue on the right. Some of the others are pretty crap, though! But that's what this project is all about - testing out different patterns and finding ones I really like to use on other projects. Imaginary projects, probably!...

I also started another doiley:


I had absolutely no idea what I was doing when I started it, but I think it's going to turn out okay. The pink blur are some beads I might somehow incorporate near the edge a la Doiley no. 1. Stay tuned for details.

In unrelated news, I've started a new section of my website [link defunct], with photos I've taken with my little digital camera. It's so "Under Construction" at the moment, it's not funny. Look if you dare.

Random Quote of the Day:
I think my friend E. would appreciate this:

"Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theatre."
-- Gail Godwin

No comments:

Post a Comment