Wednesday 31 December 2008

End of Year Part II

Now here are my goals for 2009, with commentary:

1. Continue food and exercise plan.
I have made up a food and exercise diary on an Excel spreadsheet to help with this. I can see my motivation for exercising will probably be a problem, so I'll try to come up with some strategies to overcome this.

2. Save money and travel at end of year.
I've made up a budget (gosh, I love Excel!). Craft supplies are not a built-in expense! Knowing that everything I spend money on will be right there, recorded for posterity is really helping me think twice about buying things. The terrible exchange rate lately is really helping to cut down on impulse purchases on Etsy as well.

3. Sell at a shop or market at least once.
I'm already regretting setting this goal. What was I thinking?? But it will be a huge achievement if I can pull it off and I'm sure it will give me a massive confidence boost. If I sell anything, of course!

4. Project: write an appreciation letter once per week.
I like the idea of a year-long project. I heard about a survey recently - one group of people kept a diary about things they were grateful for, a second group of things that annoyed them. At the end of 3 months, the grateful people exercised more and reported higher levels of other positive attributes. I thought I'd do something similar with my own twist. Perhaps if I'm happy with them at the end of the year I'll have them bound.

5. Project: do a drawing once per week.
2009s version of keeping an art journal.

6. Practice piano once per week.
Now that the hobby room is tidy enough that I can actually sit in front of my keyboard, I'd like to use it! At the moment I'm thinking 1/2 hour per week is do-able, but I'll see how it goes.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment