Thursday, 29 March 2012

Top Secret Project #2 is complete!

I am so excited about this project. Months of slogging ... and paid off with a very happy customer! Not to mention an item that turned out exactly how I imagined (which, lemme tell you, doesn't always happen!)

So without further ado, here it is! It's a Harry Potter scarf.


It's being modelled by Boy/Man. As you can see, it's insanely long! I just kept slogging away at it until I thought it was starting to get ridiculous. I used a slip stitch to create a tube so that both sides look nice and neat.


Isn't it glorious! The ends of the tube were automatically closed off by the casting-on/casting-off process. Then I had to weave in all of the ends. That's the job I hate the most. I cursed and moaned and self-medicated to get me through it, but finally all the ends were secured. Then I added the tassels. They came out even better than I'd hoped.
Here is a mega-close-up showing the stitching, cos I'm just so proud:


I calculated that it took me approx. 64 hours to make this scarf. As with all craft, it's a labour of love. I would only do it for a dear friend. And I need a bit of a rest after that!

Having said that, I'm planning Top Secret Project #3 now. Intriguing!

No comments:

Post a Comment