Wednesday, 20 February 2013

[No Stress Book Club] - Week 1

It seems I'm all about jumping on board with things lately, and here's another one! As soon as I heard about Bassability's No Stress Book Club I knew I just had to do it. It's No-Stress because, instead of having to read a book and then discuss it, each week there's a question about a book you've already read. So there are no deadlines, no hassles, and if you follow the link-up, you can find out about potential new books to read. I'm in!
This week's question is:

What book turned you into a reader?
I've always been a reader, there's no question of that. I've been reading books for longer than I can remember. Literally. I suppose for the purposes of this discussion, I probably should pick one, shouldn't I?
My Mum tells me that I read my first proper novel at the age of 4, and it was Alice in Wonderland. I don't remember this, but I must have read it, because later in my childhood I came across the story again and I mysteriously knew about it already. At the time I was mystified about how I already knew the story of the Cheshire Cat, and the caterpillar and the Red Queen. When my Mum happened to mention one day that it was the first book I read, it all suddenly clicked. Knowing that made me want to read books even more!

If you want to join the No Stress Book Club too, click on the logo!

Bassability No Stress Book Club

No comments:

Post a Comment