Monday 18 March 2013

What I Wore : Variations on a Theme

So, the story. Yes, it's been about a year since I attempted a What I Wore drawing. I say 'attempted' because the last few I did are still unfinished. Lately though, I've been trying to be a bit more bold and colourful in what I wear, and I thought these two efforts deserved to be recorded. Especially when I think about them together. Obviously, one is neat for work, the other casual for a fun weekend afternoon. Yet they are similar in many ways. I love how the colours are the same, and even the garments themselves mirror each other, but the looks are so different.


I have learned ... makeup is really hard to capture with watercolour! Also, still hopeless at drawing hands, but at least I gave it a try this time. =)



On an unrelated note, if you've ever wondered why my netname is ApartmentCat, view this animation on YouTube: Le Chat d'Appartement by Sarah Roper. When I first saw this video many years ago, I was absolutely charmed. I chose the name to remind myself to take risks and follow my dreams, just like the cat in the animation did.


No comments:

Post a Comment