Thursday 9 May 2013

[Creative Warriors] Drawing and Zine Submission

Today's post is to update you on my arty activities lately, though I'm afraid progress has been slow at times. Members of Journal Girl's Creative Warriors Course are given monthly assignments, but I have to admit, after an initial look I've been putting them off. I guess I haven't been in the mood for anything out of my Comfort Zone. Or even anything inside it!

I did, however, wite a submission for the Creative Warriors May e-zine. This is a pretty big step for me. I've been blocked from writing zines for about 3 years now. Not only am I writing a personal story and doing an Out-of-the-Comfort Zone drawing, but it will be included in a forum which is bound to receive much more attention than my individual zines ever did! Eek!

I'm going to show you the drawing. I feel pretty embarrassed to show it - but it's meant to be a re-creation of a work I did as a 13-year-old, to go with the theme for my submission. It's not meant to be A-No.1-Standard. I wouldn't use that medium or style now.

Leaves. Coloured Pencil.

I was planning on doing a painting as well, and I had a picture of it in my head. But when it came down to it, I just couldn't squeeze out the inspiration in the time limit. It wasn't essential to the story anyway. Perhaps I'll do it one day still. It's still floating around in my head.

To find out the story behind this drawing, you'll need to get the Creative Warriors May zine when it comes out!
(I'll be announcing when it does!)

No comments:

Post a Comment