Wednesday 8 July 2015

In the Kitchen : Pear, Ginger and Treacle Cake

On the weekend I baked a recipe from my friend Emilie's blog: a Pear, Ginger and Treacle Cake. The version I made only had one small difference from the original -- I forgot to buy ginger so I used 2 tablespoons of minced ginger instead of the fresh. It was beautifully moist, and the pear balanced out the heat of the ginger nicely. This is definitely a repeater.

The ingredients...


Cutting up the pears.


The butter, sugar and treacle. And an opportunity to show off my cute new saucepan from Ikea. Isn't it adorable?


Adding the milk to the melted butter and treacle mixture.


Now adding the flour.


Layering the batter with pieces of pear.


Brown sugar on top and ready to be put in the oven.


The cake is done!


The pear sank a little, but that's probably quite normal.


Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment