Wednesday 14 October 2015

What I Wore -- to Ikea

I'm too shy to show photos of myself, but occasionally I like to share things to do with fashion. These What I Wore drawings are a good chance to do that as well as get in some drawing practice. I wore this outfit quite a long time ago, back in June, and I've been meaning to share it all this time. Oops! It's also been a really long time since I've done a What I Wore drawing, or at least finished one. I found several half-finished sketches in my drawing book, which was a bit sad, but it made me determined to finish this one.

I tried a slightly different technique. Instead of doing a pencil outline and then filling it in with ink, I skipped the pencil part. I also drew in a looser style than normal. I think the proportions came out fairly well considering I didn't have a preliminary sketch. Also, apparently I wasn't willing to have a go at drawing hands that day. Perhaps next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment