Sunday 24 September 2006

Another 2 weeks passes

Hi all.

I've just been so busy the last few weeks... playing computer games, working, playing computer games, spending time with my bf, playing computer games... you get the point. I have done a little knitting though.

I've really been into knitting magazines lately, because they are the most up-to-date and non-dorky. After some thought, I subscribed to Creative Knitting magazine. It's Australian, so it has relevant ads, and it has mostly cool patterns. There is a shrug in the example copy that I really want to make. And I bought a copy of the latest Vogue Knitting which doesn't have the locality (localness??) of the other one, but the patterns are even cooler and more fashionable - imagine Vogue magazine, but with a how-to section. There's a few things I want to make from that one. But for serious possibilities, I have this list:
* ribbed shrug in Patons Zhivago from Creative Knitting
* chunky drop-stitch shrug from Vogue Knitting Holiday issue
* sweater-vest with plunging neckline from Vogue Knitting current issue
* tank top from Knitty Gritty (see below)
* a loopy or entrelac cushion cover (not quite as thrilling).

Yesterday I saw Knitty Gritty on the DIY Channel for the first time. (No, I haven't gone upmarket, my bf has it.) It was a special on teen knitters, and everyone knows that I find anyone under the age of 20 to be annoying to one degree or another, but it was still really good. There were instructions for a tank top and choker which were both easy yet interesting projects. And I had the superior feeling of knowing everything they were talking about, not like the stupid home renovating and antiquing shows they normally have on that channel. It's on every Saturday at 10am, so I might get to see it again one day.

I couldn't be bothered downloading any photos this week, so here's an example of a non-dorky project:

[Courtesy of Patons: http://www.patons.biz/publication_details.asp?SelID=89&ID=983&name=1235]


I just love Zhivago. I've only ever made a cushion cover out of it, and I'd really love to make a garment out of it one day soon. It's so soft and velvety. I'm coveting the pearly pastel pick colour as we speak. I want to knit with it so much! /end drool

No comments:

Post a Comment