Thursday 7 August 2008

You Might Be A Monster


You Might Be A Monster & Other Stories I Made Up, originally uploaded by Yumfactory.

I am really, seriously hanging out for the weekend. First, I'm gonna sleep in. I've been sleeping pretty badly all week. I've been too pooped to do any craft. I keep having nightmares about human rights abuses in China, people being accidentally but violently blinded (by their own babies), and being chased by a Russian mafia car dealing ring and having to hide naked in a shower with some people I barely know. Don't ask. Perhaps I should channel all of this into some really cathartic art. I've been enjoying working with the acrylics lately.

Which reminds me, I haven't yet told you-all about the amazing haul I got from Art 'n' Craft Riot a few weeks ago. I've been so busy I haven't even had time to look in the bag.
So the next thing I'm going to do (after I sleep in) is look in the bag and take some photos and do some exciting crafty things with my stash. Then I'll finish my Craft Zine. That might take me all weekend, actually!

I really want to make the badge/brooch display/wallhanging thingy that I designed a while back. I have so many now that I'd like to collect them and put them somewhere I can see them. I had thought about knitting it, but I think I might make it from fabric, because A: it will be quicker and B: I need a reason to set up my sewing machine! So maybe I will do that this weekend too.

Sorry this post has been a bit depressing, but I'm not very good at not being too hard on myself when I'm too tired or sick to do anything. Er, if that made sense...

I'll leave you on a more positive note:
The Softies for Mirabel auction is going off! The first round made over $300, and there are still at least 10 rounds to go. There's still time to submit a softie as well. I've got my eye on the ultra-cute owl in the current round! Wooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment