Monday 9 July 2007

Drug-Induced Purchasing

Oops. I went to Lincraft and I bought some stuff. Quite a lot of wool. I'm a bit ashamed. Here I am hiding behind it.


Yeah, quite a bit. BUT! (There was always gonna be one of those!) All of it was on sale. Some of it was even half price! And some of it I needed to make specific projects. Well, about a third of it, actually. And the rest I chose with an idea in mind of the kinds of things I can make in the future. i.e. scarves. Besides, I just really wanted to buy some pretty yarn for once!

It's so purrtty!

It took me all evening to list them on Ravelry! But I got there in the end. I'm still working on entering the stuff in my fancy bag. It takes a while when you have such a large stash...
I want to use the orange in the middle there to make an amigurumi cat. I got the lovely red 100% wool in the top left-hand corner to make the Jayne Hats with. (None of your crappy acrylic here!)

Speaking of the Jayne Hats, I got a bit excited and cast right on for the first one as soon as I had finished with Ravelry, and spent most of Saturday night and Sunday morning working on it (yes, I totally have a life!) I got about half-way into the yellow section when I realised I wouldn't have enough yellow to make both.
Yes, it happened again.
I didn't buy enough yarn.
What kind of stupid idiot am I?? If I had only thought about it for 2 seconds, I would have realised that the yellow section is much bigger than the orange section, and so therefore I would need more yarn! This is why you shouldn't go wool-shopping when you have the flu! D'oh!! Double triple quadruple D'oh!!

Thankfully though, this time I chose a yarn that's easily available from at least two different sources that I know of. I just won't be able to get there until next weekend. But at least I can finish the first hat and start the second one in the meantime. It won't be too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment