Saturday 7 July 2007

Pictures and Illness

Indeed, I did finish my handwarmers on Thursday night, and I wore them to work yesterday, and they kept my hands wonderfully warm and toasty. Just as well, because I came down with the Ubiquitous Lurgy™ yesterday. I swear, I felt like I was in an infectious diseases ward, not an office! The cough, cough, nose-blow, splatter, wheeze, chesty cough, sniff chorus rang out all day long. It was pretty disgusting.

So anyway, here are some pictures of them!:

Hip-hop hands.
Dove hands
Taking these photos has made me realise that it's really hard to take photos of your own hands with no-one else at home to help you! Especially when you don't want any other part of yourself in the picture because you have the flu and you feel like utter crap. Anyhoo.

When I got well into the second one, I found an imperfection in the wool, which seemed to be some green threads tangled around the yarn that were impossible to get off. I was pretty annoyed at that, but I kept going anyway. Thankfully though, on the finished handwarmer, it's on the inside of the hand, so I won't normally see it:

Crappy-arse yarn.
Overall, I'm mostly very happy with them. The only thing I'm disappointed at is the decrease and increase shaping at the wrist looks very jagged and isn't smooth. I'm sure there's a way of avoiding that, but I didn't realise how it would look until after I put them on, and by then it was far too late. I'd rather wear them like that than not wear them though!

Now, I have been very naughty, and I have started another project, even though I was already on my limit of 12. It's the Tangerine and Lemon Sachets from Jean Greenhowe's Bazaar Knits:


They look a little squished cause they're not stuffed yet. I have a hug bag of stuffing in my cupbboard, so it's just a matter of being bothered. I have no idea why I'm making these. I don't really need sachets, though it's nice to have them. I guess I'm just sick of making projects that take For. Ever. I just want a little bit of instant gratification. There's nothing wrong with that, is there?
To make up for it, I've told myself that I won't start my first amigurumi until they're finished. I think I might make a big, squishy magical cat that I can take with me when I stand in line for hours like a total dork* to buy the last Harry Potter book. Yes, I finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered it from Borders yesterday. I put it down to the flu-induced delerium.

I'm also well into my 3rd AIDS Baby Vest:


I made a pact with myself a while back that I would make 5 vests, and that would just about fulfill my charity knitting obligations as I see them for this year. I always make sure I fit in a little vest knitting every week, so I can keep telling myself I'm a good girl. Right? ;) Although, I do have to admit that I'm using some lovely bamboo needles to make them with, so there's just a little bit of indulgence there.

Now, I'm off to Lincraft. They are having a huge sale, but the main reason I'm going is that I still need to get the wool for Emilie's Jayne hats. Plus I need a crochet hook and some goggly eyes for my amigurumi. Plus some card stock for my ACEOs. Perhaps I shoud make myself a list so that I don't just buy one of everything in the store in my delirious state.

*wanders off aimlessly*


* Please don't anyone be offended by the 'total dork' comment! I consider myself to be a total dork for doing this, not anyone else. I have a thing against doing what everyone else is doing. It's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment