Monday 9 June 2008

Mosaic Monday 9-6-08

I decided to participate in Mosaic Monday so that I'd at least be posting something regularly, even if it isn't actual content. Cause is a blog a blog when there's nothin' but tumbleweeds on it? (You can make the mosaics using the tool at Big Huge Labs, by the way). And seeing as I was going to post today anyway, I thought I'd make my pics into a mosaic for a little something different.


Top Left is a skinny scarf/lariat scarf type thing I've been developing. I've had the idea floating around in my head since I started making another scarf (see Top-Right) and had just done the first couple of rows. I'm trying to make something that can be worn as a traditional scarf, or wrapped like a tie or lariat if the wearer prefers. This one is a bit shorter than normal because I ran out of the purple wool, plus it's more of a test piece. I asked Boy if he could show me how to tie it like a tie, the way they do on TV (a half-Windsor knot is what it's called, I think - opening up Wikipedia now *). He teased me for not knowing how! Can you believe that? I say, why should I have to know how to do that, I'm not a man! Right??

Top Right is the scarf I was making in secret. I can reveal it now that it's been given to its recipient! Despite the fact that I received funds for it, I still made it with much love and good vibes. And a little relief that I might be able to pay my rego after all. If I make about 20 more in the next month! Heh! Yes, it's true. I've reached that milestone in every young person's life - their first car registration payment. Mama is so proud!

Bottom Left is the scarf I was making not in secret. It's only about half-done here, but I really like the way it's turning out, so I wanted to show it off. (This was taken last week - it's about two-thirds done now.) And modelling the scarf, I would like to introduce the newest addition to the ApartmentCat School of Modelling and Mediochre Photography - Hedda! The name just popped into my brain the other day. I resisted it at first because it's a pretty terrible pun, really. (Seriously?!) Plus she doesn't look very stereotypically Swedish. But who cares! According to babynames.com.au, Hedda means "The contentious one; A fighter" and I can definitely see that on her face in this picture! In the Top-Left pic she looks more pensive and thoughtful. It's funny what light and angles can do, isn't it?

Bottom Right shows some products that I bought on a trip to a local Asian Grocery the other day. The mosaic process cut the edges off all of the photos, but you can still make out the steam buns on the left which are 'Smile Foods' brand. (Awwww!) Plus over there on the right is a packet of 'Want Want' brand rice crackers. Mmmmm, I sure do! I've also included a ceramic jar of preserved vegetable, which is great in stir fries. It was only $2! I'd have paid more than that just for the jar itself.


* According to Wikipedia it is indeed called a Half-Windsor knot and it's one of the 82 (at least) ways to tie a tie. I reckon one way is enough for me to know. Although cravats are pretty cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment