Sunday 15 June 2008

Mosaic Monday - a day early

On Saturday it was Worldwide Knit in Public Day. It was also the day of the 2008 Melbourne Zombie Shuffle. When disparate worlds collide...

I went, I knitted (though I didn't shuffle), I met lots of people and had an all around lovely day. I was too lazy to take my own photos, so I stole some to make this week's mosaic:


1. Melbourne World Wide Knit in Public Day - a shot of some of us knitters and the amazing things they were making and wearing. I have my eyes firmly shut in every single photo, so I chose one where I'm not too prominent.
2. Melbourne World Wide Knit in Public Day II - the highly embarrassing brightly coloured acrylic project that I was working on. Everyone around me had yarn that was bamboo, or hand-dyed, or just plain gorgeous. Cheap and cheerful is a bit more Me, though!
3. World Wide Knit in Public Day in Perth - other people knitted as well!
4. Worldwide Knit in Public Day 2008 - fun and games. This was in the U.S.A. somewhere. Not sure exactly where.
5. Braaains! - we saw the zombies! They came right past the cafe we were at! I was so excited!
6. melbourne Zombie Shuffle 2008 - One zombie seeks brains in all the wrong places.

Some of the lovely people I met were:

* foreverknit [Blog] - thank you so much for organising the day! Her scarf was gorgeous!
* kittenkong [Ravelry] - I can't wait to see her finished clapotis!
* craftyscience [Ravelry] - I think she was using the 2 circular needle technique to knit her sock - impressive!
* live2knit [Etsy Shop] - was making a clapotis from her own hand-dyed yarn. The colour was so beautiful.
* gusseting [Ravelry] - had such a beautiful headband on!
* sonia [Blog] - was making the most wonderful multi-coloured entrelac thing. I didn't get a chance to find out exactly what it was, but it looked amazing.
* damo [Flickr] - the photographer and donator of some of the prizes.
* Some blogless girls who were very friendly as well.
* A lady who was sitting behind us who asked why we were there knitting. I explained that it was to meet people and share our projects, and she confessed that she knitted, but only ever in her lounge room at home. It was kinda cute! We told her to google WWKIP Day and come along next year.

I was very freaked out to hear that some of the others had heard of me. I wanted to ask, 'where? how? how could this be??' Also, I won a prize! Lil ole me! It was a new Cleckheaton pattern book from Australian Country Spinners:


I love the styling and the patterns. I'm eyeing off the hearts vest with the crocheted tie closure.

Other things I enjoyed that day were:
* hundreds of zombies shuffling. A couple were even knitting!
* The Medieval Imagination exhibition at the State Library, despite half-hour wait to get in. It was completely worth it.
* dumplings and pork noodles
* San Churro hot chocolate
* the fact that it didn't rain

I love Melbourne!

No comments:

Post a Comment