Monday 23 June 2008

Mosaic Monday Amigurumi Style!


Just a quick update on what little I've been doing over the last few days. I started the newest scarf which is to be in pinks with purple accents. I like those colours, so I have no problem with that, though I'm starting to run out of yarns of the appropriate colour and thickness. Oh no! Don't tell me I have to have S.E.X. again!*

I spent a little time on Sunday organising the hobby room. I re-stacked the boxes of cans from the factory outlet trip so that I could sit at the big desk, and amalgamated two piles of random stuff that were on the desk into one so that I had some room to do stuff on it. When it comes to tidying, one pile is better than two, right? Baby steps!

I managed to clear enough space to get out my pencils and some scrap paper and draw out the cutting pattern for the monster softie that's been floating around in my head. The one that popped into my lop-sided brain when I was having a quite painful but very remedial massage a few weeks ago. He's been fighting to get out ever since. Unfortunately though, when faced with the prospect of digging the fabric out of the place where I'd previously stashed it, my will gave out. It seems I stashed it a little too securely.

So I moved on to crochet. (Hence the amigurumi featured in this week's Mosaic.) I got out my second kokeshi doll that I'd so heartlessly abandoned a while back. I decided I didn't like her shape - her neck was too narrow and tapered. So I ripped back to face level and re-did it. I'm much happier with her now and hopefully I'll finish her soon.

Then I remembered that I'd promised to test a pattern for kittenbite, a fellow Etsyer. It's an amigurumi bottle of beer. I managed to get nearly half-way through it last night while I was watching a documentary about the search for extra-terrestrial life. I'm having fun with it. Results as they come in.

P.S. Can someone find a way for the creative yet time-poor to do two things at once? Has anyone tried knitting while on a treadmill? Doing weights with one hand and drawing with the other? No? Never mind.


* S.E.X. stands for Stash Enhancement eXpedition. Sorry if I frightened you-all there for a second.



Photo Credits:
1. Amigurumi Mushroom Friends, 2. amigurumi splish splash baby whale 02, 3. Amigurumi Bear Water Sprite, 4. Flock of Amigurumi Birds, 5. Amigurumi Sheep, 6. Amigurumi Costume Party, 7. Amigurumi (Crochet) Ghostiecake, 8. Creature Feature: Alien - amigurumi, 9. amigurumi momma bird and baby

No comments:

Post a Comment