Monday 16 August 2010

Recent Activities, Crafty and Otherwise

1. Last weekend I went to the European Masters from the Staedel Museum at the National Gallery. There were some familiar faces and some unexpected pieces. It was worthwhile. It was a beautiful, sunny winter day and the company was lovely.


2. I've been working on a baby blanket. I'm calling it the Giant Granny Square. Cos that's basically what it is. It's good zombie knitting crochet. I'm using Bendigo Woollen Mills wool (love that stuff) with coloured stripes. It keeps my lap so toasty warm when I'm working on it that I'm tempted to keep it!


3. Yesterday I went to visit the baby in question. I hate babies normally, but I love this kid! He's my nephew, so I'm probably genetically forced to love him, but I don't care. Isn't he adorable?! I had a lovely time hanging out him and his Mummy and Daddy.


P.S. That's not my hand, it's Boy's. Just thought I should point that out. =D

4. I whipped up this scarf for baby Alex earlier this week. It's so short, it's actually amusing. It wasn't even long enough for him to wear as a headband. I put extra long fringes on, but it did nothing at all to disguise its lack of length. I've realised that, no matter what I make for Alex, he'll probably already have at least 10. I just can't help myself though!



SHOP STUFF
It's been literally years since I did an update on Shop Stuff. The shop has been kind of chugging along in the background a bit. Up until this week I hadn't made any sales for two months - but it took me a long time to even realise that. And I was surprised to find that I wasn't really fussed. In fact, it made me feel motivated to write new zines. I even had 2 ideas in one day! When I'm in that mood, I compose in my head while I'm on mail runs at work and then write it down in my lunch break (if I can remember it!). Then this week I made 3 sales! Phew! I'm happy, but at the same time it kicks off my anxieties: what if the person doesn't like my zines? What if something goes wrong and they don't arrive in the mail or there's some other kind of problem? In my more confident moments, I know I can handle all of that. But Negative Nancy has to stick her big nose in and try to stop me from putting myself and my stuff out there! Well, get stuffed, Negative Nancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment