Saturday 16 October 2010

She's Back!

I went to Europe and I can prove it!

And now I'm back. Actually, I've been back for exactly one week, but I've been mostly focussed on getting back to work where we're going through a lot of changes at the moment, while staving off first-time jetlag. An interesting experience! Mental note: don't go back to work after only 1 day's rest after a 22-hour flight. Got it!

The upshot is, there's been no art or craft or anything except mindless TV watching after-hours at casa de la Apartmentcat. But of course there's my trip to tell you about! Now, I don't know about you, but I find blog posts with too many photos in them to be almost as annoying as ones with too much text (however you may define that), so I'll only treat/subject you to a few at a time. First up is Paris. Boy and I spent 4 days in Paris and it was an experience and a half! The Nature of Paris is chaotic! They say it's the City of Love, but I say it's the City of Trying Not to Get Run Over and Not Have Your Pocket Picked at the Same Time ... While Searching In Vain for Anything Resembling the Quality Food I'd Heard About.
Art-wise, Paris is triangular. It stubbornly defies expectations. It's bright and colourful, and old and dusty. It's a glimpsed red-lipstick pout, and a small child excitedly tugging his mother to school. Everything in Paris is the same, yet at the same time, subtly different - because it's Parisian.

Anyway, enough waffling. Here are a couple of photos:

The Eiffel Tower like you've never seen it before, with (many, many) random strangers in the shot. Boy and I practiced the fine art of enjoying a soft-serve on the grass while simultaneously fending off street vendors and artists with a suitably Parisian disdain. I don't think we mastered it in such a short time.


Here is the Arch de Triomphe. Not a bad shot seeing as it was taken out of the window of a tiny tour bus as we were lurching sickeningly round the busiest roundabout in Paris. We weren't allowed to stop, we were only allowed to go round and round. Then back down the Champs Elysee at a creakingly slow pace. It was quite surreal.


More photos and perhaps even some craft content: Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment