Monday 4 April 2011

Things I Made and Did

Monday! Hmph! Tonight when I got home from work, I was so determined to do something crafty that I went ahead and got out my sewing machine! I had a few minutes of panic when I couldn't find the foot pedal, but thankfully I remembered seeing a tangle of cords in the bedroom last week and there it was! I'm itching to get into so many sewing projects, but I haven't actually sewn in years, and I started with something simple - some fabric bookmarks!:


I made them as gifts for my lovely customers. I had a sale the other day! My first in about 4 months, so I'm very chuffed and feeling in the mood to go that extra mile. Although there's one bookmark which is so wonky, I'd feel bad about even giving it away for free! So I'll keep that one for myself. A girl can never have too many bookmarks!

Also, this is something I started about a month ago, but was too lazy busy to take any photos. It's a couch cover. A big project! It's very loosely based on a bedspread I saw in a magazine (it was a while back and I can't remember which one now). I made up the pattern myself, and at first the squares turned out a little bit wonky! See the wrinkles:


But as you can see from the 'after' picture, I took out a few stitches on each side, and they sit nice and flat now. Here's a pic of two sewn together. I've made 4 1/2 so far.


I'm quite prepared for this project to take a year or more. But then - if it was easy, it wouldn't be worth it, would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment