Sunday 31 May 2015

My May

The year just seems to be flying by so fast. Tomorrow it will be Winter!

What I've been painting ...
Dabbling a bit in art-journalling again. My attempts at drawing more a few months ago petered out very quickly. Every day turned into three times a week turned into once a week within a very short space of time. Resistance set in and I never achieved these resolutions. Perhaps I put too much pressure on myself in an area where I have little confidence. I seem to have unconsciously taken a step back for now, back into my comfort zone. Mixing paints together and spreading them out as backgrounds. Grabbing a texta and scribbling out a phrase that's been swirling through my mind. This makes me happy. This is not the time for uncomfortableness. Sometimes that's just the way it is.


Where I've been visiting ...
I went back to Cat Cafe Melbourne -- again! I didn't devote a whole blog post to it this time because the photos didn't turn out very well. ... And uh, I've already done three posts about my repeat visits! It's my blog and I can write what I like, but even still...
The Cat Cafe seems to be the perfect place for when I need something relaxing to do and something to look forward to.


What I've been working on ...
This is a page from my neographic workbook. I'm creating my own writing script. It's a project I've been working on (on and off) for about 20 years. The project stalled for over a year when I lost my notes, and again when I was going through a rough time, but now it's back on track. At the moment! I'll write a full post on what this is all about when it's nearer to completion.


What I've been writing ...
Still writing, little bits here and there. Some actual stories, though how to tell if they're any good is a completely different matter. No-one can read them because they might hurt my precious babies!!!. I mentioned to a friend the other day that I was doing a bit of writing, and she started to ask questions like, "Is it a novel? Do the stories have a theme? Do you do NaNoWriMo?" The answer to all of them was either "no' or "I don't know." My head started to spin and I thought, "I don't do any of that! I'm not a writer, I can't do that! Don't touch my beautiful babies!!!"
So, obviously, this is something that needs looking at before publishing can happen. I have a strong suspicion I'm not the only person that goes through this. Despite all of it though, I just can't seem to stop writing.


And finally ...
For the interested, here is my list of (in my opinion) iPod-worthy Eurovision Song Contest entries. Downloaded and being listened to as we speak! Though some I could probably bear to listen to more times than others. P.S. they're in random order of how iTunes schlurped them, not favourites or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment