Wednesday 27 May 2015

Souvenirs from my Seaside Trip

As promised, here's a rundown of the souvenirs I brought home from my trip to the seaside.

Bracelets and earrings from the Shell Museum:


I always have to get at least one fridge magnet wherever I go! I got these keyrings from a gashapon (egg dispenser) machine near the supermarket. Ever since my trip to Japan, I always check them out and occasionally they have interesting contents. These little dolls are made of rope and they seem to be very much hand-made. I love them! I imagine a little girl somewhere in the town industriously making them and putting them in the eggs to sell for $2 each. Or perhaps they're made in China. I don't know. I would have bought more, but we only had 2 of the right coins between us at the time.


Information book and gemstones from the Buchan Caves Reserve, and shell from the Shell Museum. I highly recommend going to both if you ever find yourself in Lakes Entrance.


These coathangers, soaps and chilli and zucchini chutney actually came from an indoor craft market in Orbost. Sounds incredibly exciting, yes! There were a large selection of items of all kinds to choose from, but I found most of them overpriced. So we came away with just these few items. I've only just realised that the soaps and the coathangers I chose were the same colours!


The best souvenir I by far though, is Frank! I'm not sure what type of dinosaur he's supposed to be exactly, but he's adorable! He lives on my couch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment