I used the Tsubaki Cotton 2-way Marguerite pattern from Ravelry. The yarn is just a cheap-o acrylic. I used a larger-than-recommended hook so it turned out bigger than the original. I had to modify the edging as I was about to run out of yarn and did something simpler to make it last.
This shawl almost didn't make it. It took me 3 years. Not because the pattern was difficult at all, but because I just wasn't sure about the project. I nearly ripped it at one point because I'd come to hate the colour. But now I like it. I think it would work well in a Hama (seaside) Girl outfit.
And, ooo-er, look! Photos of my face! I dyed my hair yesterday, a darker colour than I've had in a long time. I'd forgotten how pale it makes me look! (But secretly, I kinda like that...)