Monday 14 July 2008

Mosaic Monday 14-7-08 and Zoo Trip



This week - it's the zoo! I am inspired by and in love with the Melbourne Zoo. Animals - I love them! I want to go back and draw them. Being 15oC on the day I went though, most of them were either shivering or asleep. Poor darlings.

I've spent most of the last week either shivering or asleep as well. I've had another cold, and I've been so sick that my hands lay limp and lifeless (or holding a book) instead of having their normal impulsive need to be doing something. So I've torn through about 3 books, but no craft was there to be seen all week.

Things improved yesterday though - I finally finished my 2nd kokeshi doll! I also started making some doll faces as I still have the hope that I might make a series of them. Pictures in the next post.

Last but not least, I'm off to my first Brown Owls craft night tonight! They we are doing Sublime Stitching embroidery. There's a different project each fortnight. I've only signed up for the first one as I want to see how I go.

Will she go? Will she chicken out and go straight home after work? Will she go, but stand outside in the dark peering through the window wistfully? Will she muster up the bravery to go inside and have a really wonderful and not-awkward time?

Stay tuned to the next exciting episode!!



Photo Credits:

1. Melbourne Zoo, 2. Melbourne Zoo - Meerkats, 3. Sumatran Tiger at Melbourne Zoo, 4. Melbourne Zoo's Largest Resident!, 5. Melbourne Zoo kleine Panda, 6. Melbourne Zoo - 19 July 2004, 7. Some Of The Gardens At Royal Melbourne Zoo, 8. Meerkat, Melbourne Zoo, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 9. Melbourne Zoo, 10. Melbourne Zoo's Largest Resident!, 11. Melbourne Zoo, 12. Orang-Utans, Melbourne Zoo, Vic (AU)

No comments:

Post a Comment