Friday 19 March 2010

Manky, Skanky and Dangerous to Know

I've been struck down with an early-autumn flu and haven't felt like doing anything except lying weakly on the couch. For once I've been a sensible girl and taken all the medications that one's supposed to at time like these. It's been an interesting ride. I don't know what's in that stuff, but it's made me feel a bit giddy. I've been saying things like, "that department is a bloated cash cow, floating serenely through the sky sucking up money like the cream off the top of the taxpayer's crop". My workmates thought it was a little odd.
I've managed to make headway on my journal cover though. My first writing journal was a normal, ordinary, spiral-bound exercise book of the sort you get at bog-standard, boring office supply shops. Normal and boring! After months of scribbling away, it was still only half full. I was so sick of it. I need colour and variety! So recently I decided to rip out the rest of the pages and declare it full, even though that's cheating horribly. I decided to make a nice, crocheted cover for it though, to make it more appealing to flip through in future.

I was experimenting here: I put my finger over the flash
and then tweaked up the colour in Photo Studio.

It doesn't look like much now, but I'm imagining flowers and dangly things later on. Possibly.

The Wish Journal project is on hold right now, as I decided that I needed to order some pretty paper for the cover. And of course some other pretty papers as well from the same Etsy shop - it's better value if you buy more! Right? I hope they come soon!

P.S. I'm very excited because I've just become an official Textile Designer! According to Ravelry, anyway. You know how I have trouble reading knitting and crochet patterns so I tend to make up stuff myself? Well, apparently that's designing! The site admin asked me to create a profile and get things up to scratch so that people have access to my patterns. Erm, some of them aren't actually written yet. But I'll work hard to fix that up over the next couple of days. You have to have a Ravelry account to access my profile, but I'll post it here anyway.
Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment