Sunday 8 April 2012

In The Kitchen: Mini Quiche/Tart Thingies

I was scratching around for something nice to make for Easter Saturday breakfast, and I found some pastry in the freezer. For a while now, on and off, I'd been wanting to make an egg quiche kind of thing. When I realised I was pretty sure I had all the right ingredients, I thought, why the heck not?

I had some eggs - check! I chopped up some pumpkin and pre-cooked it in the microwave. I had some leftover pancetta from a roast a few days ago. Chopped that up, too.


The sheet of pastry had shattered in the freezer, but I managed to cobble the bits together to make 4 tart cups. Crossing fingers that they don't leak and/or stick to the pan!


I put some pumpkin and pancetta in the bottom of each cup, then beat up the eggs with some salt, pepper and herbs. I poured the eggs into the cups. I had 7 eggs, and thought it was way too many, but I beat them all up anyway. I'm glad I did! They only just filled up the cups. There was much joking about chickens not being as generous as they used to be!
Husband grated some cheese using our whizzy new over-sized grater, and I sprinkled it on top.


I had no idea how long to cook them for, never having done this before. I started with 20 minutes. They were way underdone, so I gave them another 10 minutes. They came out looking scrumptious!


After some judicious work with a butter knife, they came out relatively cleanly. And they went down extremely smoothly! I'm proud of my Pumpkin and Pancetta Breakfast Tarts:


Nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment