Sunday 26 April 2015

Craft Projects In Progress

Over Summer I tend to avoid anything that makes me hotter, and that includes having a big pile of wool on my lap! So it's been a while since I posted any craft updates. The weather has cooled down enough now, that I just want to snuggle underneath a blanket and, well, make a blanket!

Here are a few squares from my granny square blanket. I haven't decided on a name for it yet: I've been calling it Granny Galore, Granny Land, Big Granny, etc. I don't know how to join the squares together yet, but that's some way off at the moment.


Next is a shawl that I started a few months ago. It's made with 'straight granny' (I'm sure there are other names for it too), and it's my first time working with this pattern. I'm enjoying watching it taking shape. The green is the Bendigo Woollen Mills Bloom that I bought and blogged about a few months ago. The variegated twist that slowly changes from grass green to sage green is absolutely delightful to work with, and I only changed colours because I didn't want to use it all up too soon!


Last week I suddenly had the urge to make/own a scarf in a filet or grid pattern. I nearly rushed out at lunchtime and bought wool to start one, until I realised that I was already half-way through one! So I dug it out and started working on it again. I have to concentrate slightly more on it than the others, to make sure I crochet the bobbles in the right spots. On the other hand, I'm much further into it than I am the others -- about 75% -- so knowing I'm much closer to finishing it is giving me motivation to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment