Thursday 28 December 2017

Season's Greetings and Christmas Presents

It's hard to know what to say this time of year, so make sure all bases are covered. Merry Christmas! Happy Channukah! Blessed Yule and Litha!
It even seems a little strange to say Happy Holidays, as I know that many people are working, especially in the service industries. Whatever you did and will be doing, I hope you're happy and safe.


I didn't recieve as many presents this year as in the past: Husband and I just aren't as into it as we used to be. We still love giving each other presents, but it's hard to think of things that we haven't already bought for ourselves during the year. Likewise with other family: we've made a 'kids only' agreement.

First up are these Karel Čapek tea tins which I featured in my Rakuten Order post:


I asked for a "Build A Ladder" t-shirt and beanie. This idea comes from YouTubers Simon and Martina. Martina has a chronic pain condition which can lead to depression. Build A Ladder refers to the tiny things she can do each day to make her happy and improve her day. The motto has been inspiring many including myself.

I also got The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, and The Pokémon Cookbook.


Husband and I traditionally always give each other a box of Anthon Berg liqueur chocolates, and he usually gives me a novelty tin. This years' is an unusual combi-van shaped one.


When I was getting a Curvy Barbie for my niece, I couldn't resist getting one for myself too. It was the first time I'd seen outfits for Barbies in the shops, so I bought all the (two!) different varieties that were in stock.


Here is a bottle of strawberry liqueur with a bonus glass, and the star gift: a crystal ball! I wasn't expecting to receive it at all, and I'm very much looking forward to trying it out.


Finally, we decided on impulse while at the bottle shop to have a cocktail-themed New Year's Eve celebration, so we bought each other some spirits and mixers.


I also received an amazing present from my best friend, but I forgot to take a photo of it, so I'll show it in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment