Thursday 1 March 2018

My January & February

I skipped over my January post as I was too busy with preparations for the Zine Fair, hence this bumper, two-month update. January seems like a world away now, and I can't possibly imagine that I had three whole weeks off work. I did do a few crafty things during this time, though.

I finished two crochet projects, both monsters, and both started in 2013. The first was Mixtro Monster by Stacey Trock. I was up to the stage of stuffing and sewing on the embellishments. His eyes are zanily quirky, though as the eyes come in pairs I have two single mismatched eyes in my stash now. I'm sure they'll come in handy for another zany monster.


The second was one of my own design. It was meant to be a test piece but I really like the way it turned out, particularly the mouth. I had so much fun making him. Choosing the eyes was especially satisfying. Husband and I named him Urgg.


I decided to glue some gems to my earphones so as to more easily tell left from right. I thought I may as well decoden a few other things while I was at it: some makeup brushes and the lid of my foundation pot.


I was also briefly inspired to do some watercolour painting in my Hobonichi. I posted this picture on Instagram, even though I wasn't entirely happy with it, and got quite a bit of encouragement, which was nice. (Parts of it are shiny because the paint was still wet.)


Over the holidays I had time to have fun with my food, too:


There was also work to do, though -- harvesting my fruit trees. There was a lot of everything this year: apricots, plums, then nectarines! We were caught a bit unawares this year, so decided not to make jam, but used the slow cooker to stew nearly everything. We ate the last box of nectarines fresh, and it was lovely!


Last week I got my nails done! For most people perhaps that's no big deal. For me it was a huge step in overcoming my anxiety. I went to Miss Jay's Nails and Beauty, who I highly recommend. What a sweetie! I celebrated by posting it on Instagram with lots of cute graphics:


More selections from Instagram:



2 comments:

  1. I really like the watercolour painting! The pose is great, I love how their arms look like an infinity symbol (whether you intended it or not, it looks romantic)!

    Is that katsu curry? We've been making that a lot lately, too X9

    I'm loving the nails! I’ve finally quit chewing mine for good, so I’d love to get mine done for the first time, too. Well done for taking such a big step! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The painting is of the gold-medal winning figure skating performance in the Olympics. They started their routine in that pose. I thought it was so wonderful that I wanted to capture it.

      I wish I could send my beautician over to you -- she was so wonderful! I think I'm going to be a regular, hehe XD

      Delete