Thursday 1 July 2004

Knitting Idea

I was sitting on the train yesterday, thinking about fashion (yah, I know, I'm sad). I was thinking in particular about how dice have come back into fashion as accessories and how funny it is that people hang fluffy dice in their cars. I was also thinking about knitting at the time (as it's my current obsession, I'm always thinking about it) and I had the idea of knitting a pair of dice.

I've seen knitted cube-shaped toys, and it doesn't look that hard. All I'd have to do is figure out how to add the dots. I've never done picture knitting before, because I don't believe that galahs and wattle branches belong on jumpers (Jenny Kee has a lot to answer for!) but this could be a good way to experiment with it a little.

*sighs* I really should finish one of my other projects [link defunct] first though.
What is a reasonable number of projects to be working on at once? Excluding abandoned ones, I'd say I'm on 3 or 4 (including one in long-term rehabilitation). That's not really many, is it? A new one wouldn't hurt....

No comments:

Post a Comment