Tuesday 27 July 2004

Scaring other people...

I know it's been a while since I posted on anything, let alone knitting. My obsessive need to knit has slowed down a bit over the last few weeks, but not enough to resist pressing my hands together and begging a poor girl at work to "pleeeeze, let me have a go!" She gave me a funny look, clasped her knitting reflexively to her bosom, and said very politely that it was her baby and she was a bit reluctant to let anyone else work on it. Fair enough. The manic gleam in my eye probably put her off, and the idea of letting someone else "have a go" at your knitting is probably a bit weird.

I'm very excited because I finished the first piece of my Brontosaurus Toy! Yay! I only have to knit another piece just as long and excruciating as the first, and then I'll be about 1/8 of the way through it! Bronto is posing here with a few of his little friends.


I've also nearly finished my Fluffy Dice. I will have to buy some stuffing soon! It'll be a bugger to store, but it'll come in handy for when I finish the dinosaur.


See their guts, spilled out all over my window sill! Grisly.


Some random stuff follows.
This is a really good article, the link to which I stole shamelessly from another blog: Fashion on a Shoestring.

I love this quote. It could apply to anything, not just knitting.

"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."
-- Quentin Crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment