Tuesday 13 July 2004

Update

I have started a pair of knitted "fluffy" dice (they are actually just "slightly fuzzy"!). It's my first try at stranded or picture knitting, and it will be my first try at I-cord when it gets to the stage where I make a cord to join them together. At first, the stranded knitting was driving me stark, raving bonkers! but I'm starting to get the hang of it now and it's not taking as long to do each square. The only bit I'm still having trouble with is, when changing colour, winding the two strands around each other so as not to leave any holes. I seem to end up winding them around twice - and still having a hole!

Oh, and according to Stich 'n' Bitch, "you should know that the edges of your colour blocks are probably going to look crappy." Great!!

I will probably have to block the pieces at the end because they're turning out rectangular, not square, but that's not too hard. I think they might turn out pretty cool. If I do say so myself!

I've also done about 30 more rows on my Brontosaurus Toy. I did it while I was watching The Magnificent Seven :) So I'm about 3/4 of the way through the first piece now. I'll never get the bloody thing finished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment