Monday 25 June 2007

A Change of Heart

I've been diligently knitting away every day (when not hung over!). But it's no chore. I have restless fingers at the moment. Plus they are very cold at work and need the Hand Warmers ASAP! I decided to take a whole new tack with them. The double-pointed were turning out to be really annoying, not to mention slow, to I changed to flats:


And it's worked! I've nearly finished the first one already! I've been shaping it to my hand as I go along, and writing down the directions so I can make the second one. Of course they'll have a seam down the side, but I'd rather that than fart-arse around with annoying little needles sticking out everywhere so soon after finishing the socks. I need a break from all that!
I'm glad I made that decision, cause it's coming along really well. I might even have warm hands by next week!

I'm also working away on the Boy Scarf pretty steadily as well. I'm in two minds about it. It's turning out stiffer and less squishy than I'd hoped. But I feel like I'm in too far to rip it and start again. I just don't have the heart! Hopefully with a bit of stretching and pulling, it'll be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment