Tuesday 26 June 2007

Stuff It!

On Tuesday, I embarked on a stuffing odyssey!

First, I stuffed my fruits sachets:


A lemon (lemon-scented), an orange (mandarin-scented) and a lime (bergamot-scented). Well, I had to make do with what I had, okay? I dripped a couple of drops onto a cotton ball and placed it in the middle of each one as I was stuffing it. I have to say, I'm very impressed with the results. The scent is much stronger than I thought it would be, and being essential oils, they actually smell like fruits and not jelly babies. They are currently nestling in my underwear drawer, and make me smile in the morning when I'm getting dressed.

Next, I stuffed my magic square mini-pillow:


It's made from an experimental magic square (actually 4 attached together) that I made after I read the modular knitting book. I had made about 5 more squares, but in the end I couldn't be arsed making any more sachets out of them. I knitted a back using 2 shades of purple acrylic, sorry, Muggle Wool held together. Then I attached them together by crocheting around the edges with variegated pink wool, 2 rounds. I scented it with lavender essential oil. The back is much stiffer than the front, so the front puffed right up, making a very cushiony effect. I quite like it. It's currently in my bed, so all I have to do if I'm trying to get to sleep and I'm feeling stressed is put it near my face and I feel much more relaxed.

Speaking of relaxed, or the opposite of relaxed, I also worked on Ami Chihuahua that night as well:


As you can see, I didn't get too far. I'm really, really, really wishing I'd chosen the snake pattern as my first project! See the tiny little leg?:


It's tiny!! I managed to stuff the body, close it up, stuff the legs and the tail, and sew the tail to the body before I gave up in exasperation.

The following night I drew instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment