Friday 22 June 2007

Disaster strikes!

I had decided a while back to start working on my Pink Tank Top (I'm thinking of naming it something more glamorous) because I figured it had taken me so long to get the Chunky Cardigan near completion, that I thought if I got stuck into it now, it might be ready for summer. So I was knitting away merrily on it on-and-off for the last few weeks. Tralalalala!
Then the other night, I finished one ball and went to the cupboard to grab the next. I paused. I realised there were only 4 balls left. I had already used 2. I had only made 1/4 of the tank so far. That just didn't add up.

Fuck.

I don't have enough wool to finish it! I was so upset when I found out. I put it aside and tried not to think about it for a day. Then I formulated a plan. I looked at the ballband. There was a website. Good. The wool is sold in Big W stores and the Warehouse. The type of wool I have is listed, but not the colourway. Also, the way it is packaged is different. This is a concern. I bought the wool last spring, and it was heavily discounted. Not good. (Well, it was great at the time, but not now!) I checked Ebay. There is another type of wool from that brand, but not that particular one. However, that is a good sign. I set up an email alert for it. I'll go to Big W tomorrow, and then formulate a strategy.

Meanwhile, here's another picture of something I found lying around that I had forgotten to put on my list of FINs:


It's a hot water bottle cover that I had crocheted years ago. I can't decide whether it's cool or fugly, but it does the job.

Also, here are some knitting patterns I bought last weekend at an antiques shop:


Yes, I broke my diet pretty quickly when it came to the patterns. Oops. But I just don't care right now. I'm too upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment