Sunday 24 June 2007

Bloggin While Drunk

How extravagent. I started TWO projects today. I don't even know if that's allowed under my personal rules of project limitation. Yesterday, I was soooo cold at work, that I decided to knit myself a pair of hand warmers. Seriously. No matter what kind of annoying, crappy-arse needles or how long it took, I was gonna get it DONE! Well, preferably sooner than later or I'll get arthritis or something. I decided to use the "Easy Mittens" pattern, which I had already used once before for a gift, and they had worked out amazingly fine. So I dug that out this morning. Luckily, I already had the yarn for it as well. I am using Paton's Caressa, which I bought a few weeks ago totally randomly from Lincraft. See! I knew I'd find a use for it within my own lifetime! Hah! *waves fists to detractors*

Here is a picture of that:


Yeah, it kinda looks like a Rubik's cube in heiroplyphic, I know.

I was also determined to start Boy's scarf as well, cos I'd kept talking about it and I want him to be nice and warm and cozy. So we went to The Wool Shop (that's actually what it's called, okay??) and I rubbed some wools up against him to see if he broke out in hives or whatever he does. Finally we decided on Wendy X-treme, which does have 24% wool, but he reassured me that it was ok, and I said, ok, but if it makes you all itchy, you have to promise to tell me and not suffer in silence, ok? This wool is gorgeous! Here's a picture of it:


It's all blue and wrapped and chunky and rubb-able. Mmmm. It's been a while since I've worked with really gorgeous wool, and I'm really enjoying it. I am using a kind of wavy cable/rib that I made up, to try and get a cable happening, while keeping both sides presentable to the general public. The original pattern I chose is totally inapproprite for this wool, but who cares. I love this wool. And I think Boy likes it too. So I do my own thing again.

Wgat was I saying? Oh, I'm actually quite drunk right now. No, back away from the needles, and no-one will get hurt. Back away from the keybord too, I think! Ok, I go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment