Thursday 17 January 2008

A Whole New Obsession

I've completely lost it lately. Completely.

I haven't knitted a stitch, crocheted a loop or picked up a pencil at all for almost a week. I've been completely and utterly obsessed with Swap-bot. I cruise it all day long for new swaps, checking to see who my swap partners are and poring over their profiles for clues as to the perfect things to send them. I've even been looking at the forums, which I usually avoid like a chilli sauce enema. I'm hooked!

I hardly feel guilty at all for not having done any art or craft. I'm trying not to, anyway. I'd just like to think of it as a different way of being creative and seeking out inspiration. Or perhaps I've just lost my creative mojo and I'm trying desperately to channel my need to do something into a vaguely 'creative' outlet. That's kind of scary. I'm not going to think about that right now.
I have, however, seen some new crafts that I haven't heard of before on Swap-bot, such as inchies and dotee dolls. Both of these look very interesting. When other people do them!!
[Nah, just teasing myself.]

On a completely random note, I had a haircut yesterday! It'd been about 6 months (I know - ew), and I got it cut a little shorter than normal, as well. It looks so cute! So in honour of the occasion, I went to a kawaii photo booth shop and did some photos!

Awwwwwwww! So cute!

SHOP STUFF
Yes, that also means that I haven't put anything on my shop lately, either, even though I have some things lying around. I had already figured out that adding new things regularly helps to keep your shop current and coming up in searches, and I had that reinforced yesterday when I was reading a series of 'Etsy shop make-over' articles. It wouldn't really be too hard to chuck an ACEO or two on there. It's much easier than taking photos of three-dimensional objects and having to get the light right, etc etc. I just can't be bothered!

I so don't deserve to be rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment