Tuesday 22 January 2008

More Faffing Around

I've been doing all sorts of stuff lately. Just no knitting or crocheting. My old staples. But I think this is good I've been branching out.

Over the weekend I decided to embrace the bandwagon and make a Dotee Doll. They're art dolls that you make from fabric and felt and decorate them any way you like. Here's a tutorial (links to Wayback Machine) on how to make one from the lady who invented them. She's Australian. Woohoo!

Here's a picture of one I stole off the internet (I heart Google images) to tide you over until I finish mine:


From My Spinning Head blog.
She has some great fabric postcards as well.

Last night I also started a Tennis page in my art journal in honour of Lleyton Hewitt losing to Novak Djokovic in the Australian Open. I'm the most un-Australian Australian there ever was! Heh! Actually, I'd been planning it for about a week. I just need to buy some blue acrylic paint and then I can finish it tonight. I did some quick little watercolours as well on the lovely paper that Boy got me for Christmas. It felt great to be painting again after a few weeks of having no mojo.

And! Most importantly, I've taken a huge dose of Comfort Zone Be-gone!:
1. I've RSVP'ed to the Melbourne Etsy seller's picnic on the 9th of Feb. I'm absolutely shit-scared, but I have to do it. There's no corners to hide in in a park! Perhaps a tree?... I really am looking forward to meeting some of the other amazing sellers out there whose shops I've been admiring for a while, though. And it's a great opportunity to get some ideas and tips for putting my shop out there.
Will anyone come with me??
2. I've decided to go to the Melbourne Craft Mafia Market on 10th Feb. This will be slightly less scary, as I'll be going as a passive consumer, but I know that some other Etsy sellers will be there, and if I don't tell at least one person about my shop, I may as well go live in a cave in the mountains and eat grubs for the rest of my life! Or stop trying to flog my stuff, anyway.
3. Going on Swap-bot is a lot more social than I'd realised! Swapping with people actually consists of social interactions (uh duh!) as well as just stuff. People are looking at my profile and the links to my blog and shop! I'm finding this a little scary, but all of the people have been so amazingly wonderful that I just can't help getting out there and doing more. And ... they're looking!
4. The Big One. I've decided to change the comments setting on my journal so that anyone can make comments. It will be moderated for non-livejournal-friends though, cause I'm paranoid. So don't worry if your comment takes a little while to appear. But I do welcome comments, that's for sure!

So much change! Eeek! *runs away and hides in the Basement*

No comments:

Post a Comment