Tuesday 8 January 2008

No, Seriously

Okay, I do actually think it would be useful to set some goals for this year when it comes to knitting and arts/crafts in general. I achieved a lot last year, but it was really all over the place, and I didn't get some of the things done that I wanted to. So, this year I want to:

1. Finish one item off from my Long Term Projects list.
One of those has been on there since I was 14! I think it's time!
2. Finish one item off from my On Hold Projects list.
I think I'll feel a sense of achievement if I manage this. Most of these items are things I couldn't stand to look at after a while, or found too hard.
3. Learn a new knitting technique.
I don't know what it is yet, but I want to learn something new and original that I can incorporate into my work.
4. Take a drawing course.
For the last half of last year, I tried to start doing art, but every time, that stupid voice in my head that says I'm not good enough got in the way. So I figure - I should just get good enough! I have some good ideas, I think I'm good with colour, I just need the skills to draw what's in my head. So I've decided to stop whingeing and procrastinating and do something about it!
5. Keep a weekly art journal.
I think this will be a good way to make creating on paper and having ideas/inspiration into a habit for me and removing my 'fear of the blank sheet' that I've heard about and seem to experience so much myself.

Embarrassingly, here are the first two pages:



There are a few more spiritual-type things I'd like to do which I won't mention here, as they're a bit too boring private for the blog.

SHOP STUFF
Check out the shop to see the new banner! I've also put the Left-Handed Monster and blue and fluffy red hat on there. I'll put another couple up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment