Saturday 26 January 2008

Craft-Free Zone

I've done nothing this week. Nuthin. I'm a lazy, lazy crafter.

I did join a gym and attend regularly and send two three Swap-bot packages and re-arrange my mess and deal with various problems and recover from my chest cold and work full-time and make two pages in my Art Journal. Here's a picture of one of them. It's a tribute to 'The Tennis', the two weeks of the year that I have any interest whatsoever in sport:


I took the photo myself when I was there and printed out a small version. I stuck it on the page and then drew a larger copy directly into my journal. For me this was a fairly big step as I was expecting to have to erase it many times and re-do it and basically stuff the whole thing up! Before, I would have been hesitant to do the drawing directly into the journal in case it wasn't good enough. But I didn't screw it up, and I think it was OK! I added my ticket and a schedule of play as collage elements, and surrounded the whole thing with blue paint to signify the blue courts at the Australian Open. I'm quite happy with it, and I think it represents pretty accurately my state of mind at this time of year.

More next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment