Saturday 26 March 2011

Another finished project!

In my last post, I wrote about a project that took me a year to complete. You thought that was bad? Check this out. This is a pair of baby bootees that I knitted from the Paton's Quick and Easy Baby Knits book.


Easy - yes. Quick - no! I started these in December 2005. Yes, 2005, people - that's not a typo! And I finished them earlier this week. So that makes 5 1/2 years. I made them for a baby that's turning 6 years old this year. It's possibly the most pathetically long time it's taken me to complete a project - ever! They're too small now even for Baby Nephew, who's over a year old now.

So what motivated me to finish them now?? I'm due to have another little Baby Niece/Nephew in a few months time. Plus, they'd been sitting at 95% on my list of Works In Progress for so long that it was really starting to drive me nuts. I decided a while back that I would limit the number of projects I have in progress at any one time to 30. Well, that's all good, but the first thing I had to do was get the number down to 30!

I've had so many ideas lately that I want to get started on. I don't need these old projects cluttering up my hobby room. I'm proud to say that my WIPs count is 28 at the moment. However! When we moved house I found a few half-finished sewing projects that I'd forgotten about which aren't on the list. Oops! It'll be interesting to see whether that top - which I started sewing 10 years ago - would be something I'd be caught dead wearing now. =)


All photography today courtesy of Boy. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment