Wednesday 23 March 2011

Finished Printer Cosy

Not long ago, I finished a printer cosy. Sometimes I joke that I want to make a cosy for everything I own - don't worry, things haven't gone that far yet! I only use my printer once every couple of weeks, and I noticed that in-between times, it got very dusty. It needed a cover!

Artistically scrunched detail shot


Shot of cosy in situ on the printer.

I re-started a few times until I found a colour combination I liked. So retro! I just went round and round the square until it was big enough to cover the top of the printer. Then I stopped increasing to make a drapey-down bit. Lastly, I crocheting a shell edging to complete the retro look. Sure, it's cheesy and some might say a bit of an eye-sore, but it makes me smile whenever I look at it, and that's the important thing!

I started this project in March 2010. It took me a year to finish. Hey, I've been busy! But if you think that's bad, wait til you see the project in my next post!

All photography today courtesy of Boy. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment