Monday 28 March 2011

Statistics Time!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a bit of a Statistics Geek. Ten months ago, when I decided to re-name and re-vitalise my blog, I was determined to write 3 posts a week. The other day I was wondering how that was going, so I decided to do a bit of analysis.

Below we see a Column Chart showing how many posts I wrote per week, between April 2010 and March 2011. The posts I did for the Reverb10 writing project are excluded. I also didn't count the 3 weeks when I was in Europe. Even still, it seems I'm falling far short of my determination to post 3 times per week! On average, I'm posting 1.5 times per week (rounded off).


That bump there where I did 5 posts in one week was the week of New Year's 2011. I had a lot to share that week! I also thought I'd do this whizzy Pie Chart [below] to investigate what days of the week I normally post.


I wasn't surprised at the outcome. I tend to start the week with good intentions, to document every step of my arty and crafty adventures. But then after working full time and all the other things in life, I realise all of a sudden on Friday that I haven't taken a single picture of what I've been doing. Sometimes I haven't even been doing anything to take a picture of!

I know many other bloggers have written about it before, but it really is true that writing meaningful blog posts, taking photos and editing them can be a lot of work. It's a labour of love, don't get me wrong! But sometimes I still want to share something, even when I don't have the time to go to all that effort. That's why I've decided to inaugurate Ditzy Tuesday! Tuesday is right about that time when I'm on the uphill climb - I'm firmly entrenched in the working week, but the weekend still looks so far away. I need something to cheer me up! So I'll use the Powers of Pinterest to post a photo of pattern I might like to try making, a project that someone else has made that I'm admiring, or even an unrelated but swoon-worthy photo that suits my mood.

Stay tuned for the first Ditzy Tuesday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment