Wednesday 16 May 2007

Bag Bag and Knitting Meme

Aside from annoying things like work and sleep getting in the way, I've managed to knit quite a bit. I was going through my stuff the other day, and I found this project:


It's a bag made from bags! It's knit from strips of supermarket shopping bags which I've cut up (I'll show the technique in a future post) and knit. It's pretty easy to work with once you get used to it. It's just the rustling that can be a little disconcerting at first! When I first found it, I racked my brains trying to think of some use for the project. Then I realised - I can use it to keep my wool in! With that revelation, I started knitting. I knit til I ran out of strips, and then went looking for more plastic bags. I found a butt-load in the back of the cupboard that I had been hoarding for this very purpose.
This re-use, recycle stuff is all right.

I found this thing called a Meme on another blog:


Edit the list, bold for stuff you’ve done, italics for stuff you plan to do one day, and normal for stuff you’re not planning on doing.

Afghan/Blanket [working on]
I-cord
Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire [not knitting but macrame]
Shawl
Stockingette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up
Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KAL [Knit ALong. Nup. That would involve contact with others. I'm a lone knitter.]
Sweater
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn [got some lined up]
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn
Domino knitting (modular knitting) [dunno what this is]
Twisted stitch pattern
Knitting with bamboo yarn [if I ever get rich]
Two end knitting [dunno what this is either]
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn [if I ever win Tatts]
Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles
Knitting with your own handspun yarn [if I can ever be arsed]
Slippers
Graffiti knitting (knitting items on, or to be left on the street) [why would you do that?? *horrified*]
Continental knitting [that is how I knit]
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental) [do it when the pattern requires]
Designing knitted garments [not very well]
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Lace patterns
Publishing a knitting book [*snorts* yeah, right!]
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit
Knitting to make money [gettin' rid of stuff I don't really want, more like]
Button holes
Knitting with alpaca [do they give personal loans for that sort of thing??]
Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting [not sure what this is - thought it was the same as Fair Isle]
[Actually, I wonder if they mean naalbinding??]
Dying with plant colors
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cozies…)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars
Olympic knitting
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with DPNs
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit
Bobbles
Knitting for a living
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking
Dying yarn
Steeks
Knitting art
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting
Kitchener BO
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads [not knitting, but crochet]
Swatching
Long Tail Cast On [that's how I always do it!]
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backwards
Machine knitting [what's the point?]
Knitting with self-patterning/self-striping/variegating yarn
Stuffed toys
Baby items
Knitting with cashmere
Darning
Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
Gloves
Intarsia [isn't this the same as Entrelac?]
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
Tubular CO
Freeform knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/arm warmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Rug
Knitting on a loom [working on]
Thrummed knitting [dunno...]
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair [apparently that's not a hoax now]
Hair accessories
Knitting in public [not after all the sleazy horror stories I've heard!]

There! That was rather tedious, wasn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment