Tuesday 1 May 2007

Weddings, Parties, Anything...

I've been a bit busy lately. But it's knitting weather again, and I just had to start a couple of new projects.

This is the 'B-Scarf':


It's a present for someone I know, for his/her birthday. Which may or may not be coming up soon. It's made of chunky green acrylic, pure blue wool, and eyelash yarn held together. I can't stand eyelash yarn!!!!! Or fun-fur, or feathers, or ostrich or whatever the hell you want to call the damned stuff. I have a few balls of it floating around, mostly given to me, a few I actually bought cause it was so cheap, I couldn't resist. What an idiot I was! It's such a pain in the arse to work with! Never again!!

I'm also doing a project in a charity that Boy's Mum is involved with. It's making vests for babies with AIDS in Africa. They are going to send over a shipment once they have a thousand. She gave me the pattern to make them with. Here's one I started:


They have to be made with 8-ply acrylic yarn and 4mm needles, which is a bit finer than I'm used to, and it's taking a while, but it's a worthwhile thing. I'm imagining churning out tons of them and using up my whole stash of acrylic! Yeah, right!

I'm also working on the Chunky Cardigan quite a bit, and I'm nearly finished! I'm onto the sleeves, which is the last bit!:


(I'm making both sleeves at the same time on the same needle, which is why they look like a pair of lungs!)
Well, I still have to join it all up of course, which is the hardest bit. That's where I usually end up making them look like utter crap. I really don't want to do that this time. I'm scared to finish the sleeves. The pressure is too much! Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment