Thursday 2 December 2010

Embarrassing Rambling/Ranting

Just a quick update to let you-all know that I've re-opened my Etsy shop. It's been closed since I went overseas. I've been back for almost two months now - that's just the kind of girl I am. I was hoping to have a spiffy re-opening with a new zine, but I haven't felt like working on writing lately. It might be done by the end of this year ... if I can find some motivation. When I first got back from Europe, I felt fantastic. I had a new perspective on things. I felt happier and more confident. Lately though, Negative Nancy has been sticking her big nose into things again. She stops me from writing, stops me from finishing anything. She tells me I'm too tired and it's not worth the bother, that no-one cares. Isn't that crazy? She's even the reason why I can be so slow to reply to the lovely comments that I've been receiving. I am truly sorry about that.

To be honest, the main reason why I re-opened my shop was not to reach out to people, to share my writing or to promote myself. It was to stop those annoying automated messages saying that it's closed. All the other stuff just doesn't bear thinking about. Also - I was under the impression that the fees I pay to list my items would be suspended during that time, but they weren't. I was rather disappointed. But it's OK. In the future I'm going to be more careful and business-like (gak!) about what I offer in the shop. I'm going to be more organised and finish the postage station I was setting up. I'm going to be brave and face any negative things that might come along. I'm going to be good to myself and accept any positive things that come along, too! I'm probably over-sharing, but I don't care.

I'm sick of being at 90% on everything, of being disappointed in myself and worried that other people are disappointed in me. I want to wear the top-knot and be fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment